A method I’ve been following for over a year. The results are mesmerizing, journeys are much more joyful now. Continue reading further to enhance your travel experience..
TL; DR: Visit the destination with a plan to write a detailed travelogue about the place later on.
The way is simple and is easy to follow.
> Phase 1:
Say, you’re planning a trip to a destination you haven’t visited before. What you’d do in the first place? Google!
So, Google the place extensively. Don’t limit your browsing to hotels, restaurants and shopping places. Read Wiki pages, travel blogs, tourist guides. The goal is, to know as much information as you can beforehand.
> Phase 2:
Now you know many things about the scene. Time to reach the address and experience the place in real.
But remember, you’ve to write the article! You have abstract idea about the place by Google searches. Set yourself to gather more raw details.
- Interact with local people (Well, only if you’re comfortable 🙂 )
- Visit shops and get acquainted with regional products (If it’s present)
- Take many photographs of the place
- Use public transportation
> Phase 3:
Your trip’s successfully completed. You enjoyed a lot. You took many photos. You’ve collected enough data till now. All things bright and beautiful!
After the things settle down, create your own blog and start writing whatever you have for the future travelers. Write one or two or three posts.
You can write about:
- History of the destination
- Stories you heard from locals
- What to shop
- How to reach
- What to see
- Where to stay
- Your mind glowing/blowing experiences
That’s it! TTW is over. Let’s talk about the rewards:
- By the end of your trip, you’d know more things about the place than Wikipedia
- You’d have taken some really nice photographs
- You are now aware about the culture of the place
- If the information you shared is good, travelers will thank you a lot
- ..And few more
As I said, I’ve been trying this out for over a year. I write about the places I visit here: Travel. Though, I’ve written only a few posts there. Many of the logs are still in draft as the last editing takes hours and I work like a sloth most of the time! 😛
Still, I’m just 20, have miles to wander and learn before I sleep!